Tuesday 17 May 2011

Spoil yourself Silly...

Over at Penny Black at Allsorts, this month's challenge is to use "shaped' cards.  Plus it is also a design team call too...  I just got another set of PB stamps in the post on Saturday.. (thanks to the speedy delivery from Simon Says Stamps) This one is called "Bubbly" and is sure sweet..

So I decided to make a Heart Card.... something a bit different.
Spoil yourself.

This little mouse on the wine cork is super cute.  I started by using my Spellbinders heart to make a card base.  As I cut the top of the heart on the fold, I cut another one and laid it on top.  I trimmed the bottom to let the card sit nicely.  I then cut a plain heart out of some PP and did some faux stitching around the edge.  I stamped the mouse directly on the PP and also onto some card stock.  I used Copics to colour and cut it out and pop dotted it.  Stamped the sentiment and mounted it onto the same cardstock as the base.    Added some flowers and gems.  I was really pleased with the results and I hope the team over at Penny Blacks at Allsorts do as well...

And here's another PB birthday card.  This was made for my niece, Vicky, turned 30 last week and this is what I sent her.
Birthday cake ~ inspired by Elizabeth Allan

It was inspired by a card (here) by Elizabeth Allan.  I did some Paper Piecing, added some glitter and a bit of nice hot pink ribbon.

That's all from me for now... I'm off to watch "Dowton Abbey" ~ a period drama set in England.


Dawn

7 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn. Love the 2nd. one more thou. Hope you get picked up for the DT. I was also thinking about putting my name but am scared as I never did any DT work and what if I cant create something nice or my MOJO goes for vacation...lol.
Hugs

donna mikasa said...

Such great cards, Dawn! Love the heart shape--such a great idea! And your second card is so elegant. I'm so excited for you--hope you make the team!

Lisa said...

Love your PB card- mousie is too sweet and love the shap and design you have come up with! Best of luck with the DT call :)
Your birthday card is perfect- I really like those tall girl stamps- gonna have to get me one of those! My favorite part is how you added the sentiment with that decorative flourish cut out- beautiful :)

Barb said...

Good for you, Dawn. I hope you make the design team! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Love that sweet heart-shaped card! Every detail is just beautiful! The card you made for your niece is fab too. I love those stripes! Good luck, my friend! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Both of these are sooo cute! Love that 'silly' sentiment! You're always a great reminder for me to get more PB stamps! :)

Anita Rex said...

Hi Dawn! I love that heart shaped card, so sweet! And I love your pink card, great job with that image!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful cards. Love the PB image and how you did the card all in pinks. So pretty and I am sure your niece enjoyed it