Saturday 11 June 2011

Owl thank you!

I got an early birthday pressie this week.... from my niece in Australia.... a lovely set of Kaisercraft stamps and a Kaisercraft little Owl.... it is just the cutest owl you have ever seen.... I decided to team it up with a Hero Arts Frame.  I got this Frame stamp 3 weeks ago but have been a bit daunted to use it after seeing all the stunning cards made by Jacqueline and Lin... how could I compare myself to these amazing ladies... Anyway gave it a go....
Owl Thanks

I stamped the frame and masked around it.... then stamped the owl and masked her too.  I then stamped the envelope pattern on the background, moving the stamp round a bit to get more texture.  The branch was stamped with Shabby Shutters and a bit of Aged Mahogany added for colour.  I then coloured the owl in and added some Glossy Accents to bits to highlight...  I then took a pale lavender card and stamped the envelope pattern in Milled Lavender and stamped the frame on it.  I then trimmed the owl panel and layered it on top.

So now I've started using the frame... I'm feeling a bit more confident.  In fact, at Stamp Group today I made two more cards.... very much inspired by Jacqueline's lovely soft work... but as I didn't get home till 6.30pm I still have to take photos.

My little owl stamp was very popular today at Group.... A couple of the ladies stamped her off so she will be gracing a few cards in the near future.

Well it's getting a bit late and I still have a few things to do before bed, especially if I decided to get up at 7.00am to join in the Hero Arts Flickr 90 min scramble.

Cheers


Dawn

7 comments:

Vicky said...

I am so pleased that you like the stamps. I was a little worried that you would have them already. As soon as I saw the owl, I just loved her so I am glad that you (and your stamp ladies) love her too. Isn't she a hoot...haha sorry, couldn't resist :) Lots of love xxx

Shelley said...

Looks wonderful Dawn!

Barb said...

That owl really does have the sweetest look on his face! Love it, Dawn and can't wait to see what else you've made with the lovely frame!

Isha Gupta said...

Sweet and cute card Dawn. Love this frame too. Looking forward to see more of your lovely creations.

Suzanne C said...

What a cute owl and love how you have framed him out with the fancy frame. Lovely colors too!

Lin said...

I'm not much into owls, but I agree, this one is adorable! And a great idea to frame her up with that beautiful frame! Thanks for the mention, too!

Tiffany Ervin said...

That owl is perfectly cute, Dawn! Love all the colors you've used on it!!