Saturday 4 June 2011

Sunshine on a Rainy Saturday...

Our weather is shocking so far this weekend.  We are up North at our friend's bach ( Holiday Home) and it has been a wet and windy day.... I brought my laptop and some limited crafting supplies and this morning made a little bit of sunshine on a rainy day....
Card Kit fun


Included in my limited supplies was a couple of kits I purchased ages and ages ago.  They are packs with various papers, stickers, embellishments and card in different colours.  This card came from the Yellow kit.  The Sunflower is a PSX sticker.  The Happy Birthday was embossed onto vellum and the rest was all part of the kit.  I cut the papers to size- used a gold calligraphy pen to edge the white card.  I used my Tim Holtz ruler to make the holes around the yellow paper.   All came together nicely.  This weeks challenge over at Wee Memories is Anything goes... so I'm entering this one.

I also managed a couple more cards.... this one from the Brown Kit
Penny Black Paper

and had a play with colouring using Hero Arts Peeking Posies..
Peeking Posies

I I used Copics, watercolour pencils, gel pens and a glaze pen.   The sentiment is from a Penny Black set

Here's what the weather's like

a great day to stay inside and read and craft... ( and check out a few blogs! thanks to Michael and his 3G internet card)

Here's hoping the rest of the weekend is better.

Cheers
 
Dawn

11 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my! Glad you got in some crafting in that rainy weather! Love your cards, each one is so elegant, the flower on the first card has wonderful depth and color!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Everyone was at Albany Mall Dawn it was absolute chaos.
Lovely lovely cards you have made with limited resources, it is amazing what you can work with and create when you have to.
Smiles:)

CinnamonSally said...

Wow these are fabulous Dawn and with a limited craft kit. I love your sunflowers so pretty. Lets hope the weather picks up for you.

donna mikasa said...

Hi Dawn! I'm just catching up with blogs now...You've made such wonderful cards! I love the sunflower sticker and the different techniques you tried.

Mother Nature hasn't been kind to us, either! Lots of thundershowers and lightning. Very un-Hawaiian weather!

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn - love the cards. Wouldn't have known you had limited supplies as they are just wonderful. Hope you get some nice weather xoxoxoxoxoxo

Lin said...

Looks like the rain hasn't dampened your creativity! Glad you had your supplies with you! Love both flower cards!

Barb said...

Boy, I'll bet you're so glad you brought some supplies! Nasty weather. And here in Minnesota, today was the most perfect day! I finally got all my planting done! Yay! Love all the cards you've made, Dawn! Love that sunflower and your beautiful Posies! Hope the weather clears up for you! Hugs! :)

Suzanne C said...

Sorry the weather has been gloomy but you did make some beautiful sunshine with your lovely cards.

Isha Gupta said...

Superb cards Dawn!!! You created these beauties with limited supplies but they look Gorgeous.

Laura Evangeline said...

All so beautiful!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! What terrific, beautiful cards! I love that you made your own sunshine on a rainy day! ♥