Saturday 10 September 2011

Fireworks

Last night was the opening ceremony for the Rugby World Cup and part of the entertainment was a HUGE fireworks display..... We went to the car-park at hubby's work to view it.... I took some photos, but as I don't have a big tripod, they are a bit wobbly but this will give the idea...
 
Burst of Red


Sky Tower a light


Lots of colour


IMG_3785


It was the BEST EVER display I have seen.  It lasted for 12 minutes which is a long time.  I was so impressed.  

The All Blacks won their first game as was expected..  Currently Argentina are playing England and leading 9 to 3.  I can imagine by the end I will be sick of rugby... but meanwhile it is exciting....


Dawn

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Coming from South Africa I really miss Rugby! Thanks for sharing these specatacular photos Dawn! Keep well!

CinnamonSally said...

The fireworks look stunning Dawn, glad to see you were feeling well enough to go and take a look.

Barb said...

I love fireworks! Glad you're enjoying the weekend, Dawn! Sounds like your back is improving each day and I'm so glad! Hugs to you! :)

Vicky said...

What wonderful photos of the fireworks. Go the All blacks!!!!