Sunday 11 September 2011

Vintage Magic.

Two vintage style cards to share today.  Firstly for Simon Says Stamp challenge - which is MULTIFOLD CARDS/CREATIONS.  - anything with more than one fold.  I tried my hand at making a double step card.  I had a template in my little notebook but if you are interested it can be found here 

Rose step card
I used some PP that was part of some free papers in a magazine.  I cut it to fit the steps and sides and edged with Fired Brick distress ink.  My focal panel was cream to match the PP and also edged in the red.  I stamped the Rose from a Hero Arts set and coloured with distress inks.  Sentiment from Kaisercraft.  

My second card is for two challenges...
Die Cut Diva's ~ The Old Fashioned Way
Card Patterns #132

Vintage Lady

I turned the sketch on it's side and used a normal sized card rather than a square.  I was keen to try out my new Nellie Snellen dies.   Once again, I used this lovely PP ( pleased I scanned it so I can print out some more of it) I used the Rectangle die and the Eastern Circles die.  My vintage lady is by Inkadinkado~ coloured with chalks and the sentiment which I embossed, is from Stamp-It. 


Our weather today has packed in and is very cool, wet and windy.  So have taken the day off my walks.  Tomorrow I'll have to go out, regardless of the weather... got to keep up the exercise. 


Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your weekend.
Cheers

Dawn

7 comments:

Stamp with Angela said...

Both cards look amazing. I love the colours you have used. The multi fold one looks very impressive. I will have to try that sometime, but I don't have a score-pal.

Vicky said...

Beautiful cards Aunty Dawn as always. Your cards are so impressive. xx

Monika Reeck said...

I love your red card number 2 it looks so Bright Dawn and I catch your card at the time I put my card on CardPatterns challenge... made also folded card for simon says challenge heey seems we did the same challenge this time dear...hihi...funny rigt...

I also found you have a new design on your blog...lovely big foto also of your card and nice design of your new blog..

Btw the card number one also adorable Dawn...see you again maybe on my blog..hugs

Barb said...

Love them both, Dawn! That first one with the fun, folded design is so pretty and I love the vintage card too! Beautiful with all the red!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Great Cards Dawn.
Smiles:)

Suzanne C said...

Both are so lovely and elegant!

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn! Really love the fold on the first, so pretty. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!