I had been playing around with some water colours the other week and made some background papers. One of them was in my favourite purples ~ with some golden tones.
Here is my card ~ totally CASE'd from Sue's.....
I took my background and stamped a number of stamps on it. First a Harlequin stamp inked up with Milled Lavender and Spun Sugar distress inks. These dried very light on the card but give it a subtle background. I also stamped Hero Arts Silhouette Spray, and Old French Writing in the Milled Lavender and then the script stamp again in Dusty Concord...a little bit darker. I made it patchy for the shabby look . I then used my new Sew Easy tool to make the stitch holes and sewed around the card. I added some paper hearts sponged in the purple ink, down one side. My three butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch and were stamped with the script stamp too and finished with a pearl. My flower is a Spellbinders Rose die cut with some fine fabric that came with the flowers sent by my work, as is the ribbon behind it. Just had to save these bits. I used a lilac sparkle brad for the flower centre. The smallest petals are a piece of card that I have distressed with the Dusty Concord ink. Some Hero Arts lace along the bottom and a Hero Arts sentiment stamp and it's all done. I am really pleased with the look, and am thankful to Sue for the wonderful inspiration.
Had a huge walk with hubby this morning along the beach at Takapuna. 2.5 kms ( 1.5 miles) Did get a bit wet, but it was lovely walking along the sand. Tonight for dinner we are heading round to our son's place. He is cooking a roast chicken. I've made a chocolate cake for dessert.
Thanks for stopping by.