Wednesday 5 October 2011

On a Roll...........

I'm certainly making the most of my time off making cards... particularly Christmas cards.  This set of three cards all use Heather Ellis's Pure Innocence (#10)  I had such fun with this image.  (warning Long post...)

#1
Happy Holidays


I resized this one reasonable small and then printed onto white card and then some coloured PP to piece the hats and scarves.  Unfortunately the ink ran a little on her face.  But that's okay... The blue background was made with a new little Hero Arts cling I picked up the other day... it is only 2.5 x 2.5 inches, so stamped it a number of times onto the card in Versamark and white embossed it.  Then using the Soft Pool ink directly to the card, did a resist technique. I made the snow by running some scraps of white card through Swiss Dots CB folder and layering onto the oval.   Added some Kindyglitz glitter glue.  The base card was made with Spellbinders Oval Scallop dies.  Sentiment by Hero Arts.

#2
Friends Forever Snowman


This one was made with 2Peas Stamptoberfest challenge (Pattern Paper) in mind.  You needed to use 3 PP.  I did 4 if you count the snowflakes on the blue background.  That background came about by pure accident.  I was playing round with the image in my Word Document and did some negative colour changes and lo and behold ~ it coloured the background of the image!  I never knew you could do that... so something new learnt for the day!.  I printed out the image with the coloured background and then again without.  I stamped the background with the HA snowflakes cling and white Colorbox ink.  The plain one, I coloured with Copics and added some Diamond Dazzle glitter and cut out.  I then took some PP's to make my card.  The red snowflakes from DCWV, the stripes I made with HA Stripe Pattern stamp, some clear embossing and distress inks and finally a strip of scrap paper for my mini rosette.   I like how it turned out... so colourful....

and bearing with me....
#3
Christmas Greetings


For this one, I used Card Patterns #135.  I liked the look of this sketch and knew immediately what I wanted to do.  I had seen this tutorial on making washi tape ( via Vanessa's blog).  I made some snowflake tape with snowflakes from old Hero Arts set ( came out in 2007).  I stamped them with Soft Pool so they are very subtle on the tissue.  I added the tape to a strip of purple card I edged with a Fiskers punch.  I stamped my cream background with Magical Background in Scattered Straw distress ink.   I had the panel coloured and cut so only had to add with the sentiment.  Notice I added some Liquid Appliqué for the pompoms and the snow.  Finished with some punched snowflakes and gems.  This one has been entered into Lily Pads Cards  Bling Challenge 

Thanks for sticking through that lot.  I really enjoyed this image and got my money's worth out of it ( It's on sale here)

I'm off to have some lunch - nearly 1pm here now.  Then off to the library to pick up a book.... yes I do other things .... including reading ~ a Nora Roberts series on Weddings... some nice light hearted reading.

Take care
Cheers

Dawn

8 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Wow and Wow again Dawn, these are great cards, I just love the oval one, even with the smudgy face it adds Character!
See you on Saturday?
Smiles:)

Brenda said...

These ar really stunning cards Dawn! I love Pure Innocence stamps, I have a couple of clear ones and probably need to get them out! I love the techniques and beautiful papers you used on these cards!

Barb said...

You're using this stamp beautifully, Dawn! Love each card - can't pick a fave! Hugs!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic cards. The image is adorable and all the different cards are so lovely!

CinnamonSally said...

Love these cards Dawn, that image is so cute and you have shown it off to perfection!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love all your cards, Dawn! Those darling images on a holiday card would brighten any one's day!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn I enjoyed every bit of this post packed with your creative beauty.

Stamp with Angela said...

I love your Christmas cards. All such different cards even though they use the same image.

As always, I enjoy reading your blog! I always look forward to seeing if you have uploaded a new post with some new creations. I appreicate all the detail you include about how you made the cards too.