Tuesday 3 January 2012

With Hope, anything is possible...

My first card for 2012 was inspired by Tiffany.  For those of you who know Tiffany, her cards are wonderful... always so elegant, beautiful and just so inspiring.  This one, was stunningly beautiful.  I loved the design she used and the sentiment both of which inspired me to CASE it.

Inspired by Tiffany


I used a flower from Hero Arts, Bold Blooms set, and some Soft Apricot Shadow ink to stamp a background.  I stamped a larger flower in the ink and sponged it.  Once I cut it out, I popped it onto the card and added some gems and Stickles.  The sentiment is also a Hero Arts one... a limited edition for Breast Cancer Awareness.  To make the mat I dragged the ink pad around the edge of some white card.  Perfect match. Thanks Tiffany for such wonderful inspiration.

My cold is still with me.  I didn't last till midnight on New Years Eve... crashing about 10.00pm. Then Sunday night, was coughing and snorting so much, poor hubby took himself off to his armchair in the lounge to sleep the night!   Today, the cough in rumbling round my chest, I sound terrible but don't feel too bad.

I thought I'd just share a photo I took today from the deck... our weather has been shocking... rain and wind... but for part of the day, it was lovely and sunny and the Pohutukawa tree across at our neighbours is looking stunning.

Pohutukawa


I hope the New Year is starting well for you all.

Take care
Dawn

9 comments:

Jay Gee said...

I saw Tiffany's card and you did a great job casing it Dawn. Love the way you coloured the main flower :)

Stamp with Angela said...

A beautiful card. I love the orange colour. You did a great job of casing Tiffany's card.

Deirdre said...

Dawn, wishing you a speedy recovery and a very Happy New Year to you and your family. Hugs, Dee

Barb said...

I envy your weather in that pretty photo, Dawn - already looking forward to spring with winter here now. Love your GORGEOUS card! Wonderful take on Tiff's!

sheila said...

wow-that cold of yours is really hanging on....maybe see the doctor? Anyways, your card is FABULOUS! so pretty and I love the color that you have chosen to do it in! And you're right.....Tiffany's cards are always so amazing and inspiring!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow your card is beautiful - and so is the pohutukawa!!
Love the way you have used ink on the edge of a white card to make a perfectly matching layer!
Blessings
Maxine

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn I just love the colors and how you popped out the large flower. Stunning!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So glad I inspired you! I love how you've used the gorgeous HA flower and the bold orange is certainly the hot color right now, love it!

Suzanne C said...

Elegant and beautiful is right! Gorgeous card. Love seeing the greenery as we are gloomy and brown right now. :)