Tuesday 21 February 2012

Black and White and a Splash of Colour.....

My friend, Sue, is on the Design Team over at Our Creative Corner.  I saw her working on her card for this week's challenge.  She did an amazing card that you can see over at OCC.  So I decided I need to join in...B&W with a splash of colour... always a favourite of mine...

Black and white with a splash of.... Pink


For my splash of colour, I chose a pretty bright coral pink ..... starting with the card base.  For my bold black and white panel I chose black card and white embossed Hero Arts Leaf and Floral background.  So pleased with the look I got.  Then I die cut a little butterfly and added some depth of colour with Worn Lipstick distress stain.  I used the stain to ink up the Hero Arts sentiment as well.  Finished with some black gems on the banner and butterfly.  Very happy with this one!  Always a bonus when you are pleased with the outcome!

Hubby is off to Sydney again today... up at 4.00am this morning and back again tomorrow night late.   So I get to control the Remote tonight.... watching Masterchef NZ.  It's the first episode.  Should be a great series this year as they seem to have a real variety of contestants.  Then my favourite - NCIS.   So that half made card will have to wait till tomorrow to get finished.

Take care
Dawn

10 comments:

sheila said...

Omgoodness Dawn! This is positively lucious! Wow! Beautiful card.

Cathy A said...

That butterfly really pops by having it as a slash of colour, great card

CinnamonSally said...

Wow such a striking card Dawn, I am loving that HA background its definitely on my wish list!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hey Dawn
I am thrilled that you were inspired by this Challenge and my card, you have made a wonderful Bg that is strong and dramatic, choosing the Coral Pink as your splash looks wonderful (great b/fly)
Thank you so much for joining us at OCC this week, we are so pleased to see your interpretation.
Smiles:)

Isha Gupta said...

This is so so pretty Dawn. Love the card and the BG stamp too:)

Greta said...

Striking card! Love that embossed butterfly!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the pattern you picked for the background design Dawn. Adds beautiful movement to the butterfly!

rudlis said...

Gorgeous card! It's a beautiful colours combination. I love all butterflies. I love the delicate and elegant card.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Out Creative Corner this week.

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous colour combination Dawn, that beautiful butterfly is stunning and I love that background too!
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the pop of color and the strong background.