Monday 7 May 2012

Mygrafico Monday Feature ~ Funky Jars

Welcome to Monday's feature at Mygrafico.  Today we are highlighting Lindsay's Stamp Stuff set

The team have come up with some wonderful ideas for using these fun funky jars... do pop over for a look.

I had an idea in mind.... to do with acetate and a shaker card.... but after a number of attempts, experimentation and a few choice curses~ @!!!@@  I resorted to Plan B

Mygrafico 7 May Feature

I tried printing onto the acetate but it just won't dry - tried a heat gun, leaving it for about 4 hrs and still not dry.  So gave up, used the bit I cut out, added the buttons and a ribbon.  The background PP is by Webster's Pages and I computer generated the banner.   

I've thought of lots of other things to put into these jars.... you can get them here.

Thanks for visiting me today..  I'm having a night off crafting and catching up on blog commenting and on Flickr.  I've got a couple more cards to share tomorrow.  Till then....

Dawn

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely Dawn - who wouldn't love a jarful of buttons and love! Thanks for entering my Blogcandy, I really appreciate it and am so sorry to hear about the loss of your SIL. Good luck in the draw. Thanks and big hugs, Jo x

Stamp with Angela said...

Great card. It is frustrating when things don't go as you planned, but this card looks wonderful. I love the buttons in the jar and perfect with the bow.

Maureen Morton said...

Sometimes we just have to move on, Dawn! While I'm sure that your original idea was a good one, this card is super-sweet! Reminds me of happy hours playing with my Mom's button jar. Very special.

Barb said...

It's such a fun card, Dawn! Sorry your first idea didn't turn out, but I love the way this one did! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn your frustration sure didn't stand in your way of making a fabulous card!!! Love all those buttons!

stampingandstitching said...

What a fun card, Dawn! I love the jar of colourful buttons and the beautiful background!

Isha Gupta said...

This sure is fun Dawn. Love the colors and the buttons in the Jar.

sheila said...

what a fun card Joy! I love that you filled it with real buttons.....

sheila said...

what a fun card Joy! I love that you filled it with real buttons.....

kiwimeskreations said...

Great image and I love the way you have used it.
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Love the jar of buttons! CUTE card, Dawn!

Brenda said...

Very neat and fun card Dawn!

Suzanne C said...

What a cute button jar! Sweet card.