Thursday 31 May 2012

Yes Virginia..... I'm Inspired.....

Over on Virginia's blog she shared some wonderful photo's her daughter took of son and his friends with their bright coloured Cello cases.  She then challenged us to create with this inspiration photo.
 

 Isn't it wonderful.  Here's what I created.

IMG_5494

I made the xylophone with bright coloured pieces of card.  I used some black enamel accents for the screws.  The scallops were made with punched circles stamped with some music ( a stamp by Kiwi Stamping)   The ledger background is a Hero Arts cling stamp and the sentiment is part of a stamp from a Hero Arts set.  I just inked up the word "Celebrate"   Back to my usual CAS style!
Also for Simon Says Stamp ~ Anything Goes~ challenge

I'm off to the beach tomorrow for 4 days R & R.  I am hoping to take some stamps and papers with me ~ even if I just get some colouring done.   

Take care

Dawn

13 comments:

debby4000 said...

Brilliant and fabulous Dawn.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn I love your interpretation of this challenge. love your CAS style.
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

What a clever idea, Dawn! Just love it!! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Genius! Love, love, love this card! Enjoy the beach!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely perfect, Dawn! I love your design of the Xylophone! I also like the scalloped music notes on top! Thank you SO much for playing my little challenge! I appreciate all of your support and encouragement as always!xo

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawn :-)

thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kara Lynne said...

Such a clever take on the inspiration photo. Love the xylophone.

Nancy K said...

Fabby perfection, Dawn! Such a charming way to interpret Virginia's inspiration.

Maureen Morton said...

This is so cool, Dawn - very graphic with so much punch! And, you created the xylophone all by yourself - amazing! Full of color and fun!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn not only do I love what you did with the color inspiration, but I love how you also used music inspiration!

joy said...

Great take on Virginia's challenge, Dawn! Very clever idea and so well executed!! Have a great time at the beach - sounds heavenly to me!!

donna mikasa said...

wonderful take on Virginia's photo, Dawn! I love the xylophone theme and the music notes are the perfect touch!

enjoy your vacation! i hope you create a beautiful tan as a souvenir!

Cindy C. said...

Delightful!