Monday 30 July 2012

Mygrafico Monday Feature~ Any goes



This week the Design Team got to choose any Mygrafico set to inspire you.... I chose to use a Fancy Flower set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff

 I really love the lines of these flowers.


I wanted to do a real watercolour look, so I took some watercolour paper and printed the image onto it.   I cut it will a Spellbinders label and embossed it as well. I then got the paper quite wet and took my distress inks and using my watercolour pen touch the ink to the paper allowing it wick.   The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set cut into a banner at one end.  Added some Liquid Pearls to finish.  Pop over to blog and have a look at what the others came up with...

Don't forget our "Baby/Pregnancy" challenge is still underway here... would love to see you have a go.

Had some fun with alcohol inks last night, so pop back tomorrow and I'll share the card I made.

Take care and hope you have an awesome week...
Dawn 


12 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Dawn, I love the effect you have created here, so pretty.

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Dawn love the effect too...looks different than normally coloring...lovely card Dawn..may I ask you..should we use any My Grafico stamp to join the Baby/Pregnancy challenge? I would love to join there :) thanks for your info Dawn..

Lin said...

Love, LOVE how this turned out, Dawn, and a beautiful set of stamps, too!

Barb said...

I love your water coloring, Dawn! Beautiful card and love that stamp set too!

Kara Lynne said...

I love the effect of the wicked water color. The black background really highlights your focal shape and image.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, is this ever beautiful , Dawn!! Love the sentiment across and the layering! Beautiful job, my friend!

Greta said...

Wow--I love this card, Dawn! Gorgeous!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card - once again I have learnt from you - to print on watercolour paper!! So simple!! On second thoughts, not sure if my printer ink is waterproof.
Blessings
Maxine

Stamp with Angela said...

Wonderful card Dawn. Lovely image and looks great with the watercolouring.

Maureen Morton said...

This is one of my all-time favorite Dawn creations! So many great things - love that flower with your wet color technique, love that half banner, love the look against the black....this is a total knock-out, Dawn. Love, love, love!!!!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful effect Dawn! Love your flowers!

Robin said...

Beautiful card! Love how you did the colors on this:) Just wanted to pop in and say I am looking forward to working with you on the DT and am a new follower.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin