Friday 5 October 2012

Some rejects....

I recently submitted to Papercrafts magazine.... but my cards didn't make the cut.....I don't really mind, as I had great fun making them.

My first one was for the wedding theme

Love

a very CAS card, using a Fiskars edge punch, some satin ribbon, pins and a Hero Arts Sentiment.

And this second one was for the Baby cards

Welcome Baby


I used an embossing folder for the background and some quilting fabric for the little giraffes.   Sentiment from Stampin' Up!

I haven't been up off submitting... will just keep trying.

Haven't done much crafting this week, as by the time I've spend 45mins to an hour at the gym, I find I've not have a lot of time left in the evenings.  Been at least 3 times a week for the last couple of weeks.    Hoping to get some more cards made this weekend.

As usual, I appreciate my visitors and your lovely comments.

Dawn

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that wedding card Dawn - good on you for trying - I haven't tried at all - one day....
The giraffes are cute too.
Blessings
Maxine

Stamp with Angela said...

Lovely cards. The heart pins are perfect for your wedding card.

I love the embossed background on the cute baby card. Great idea to use the fabric giraffe.

Isha Gupta said...

Both the cards are Gorgeous Dawn. The wedding one is so elegant. Gorgeous embossed background on the second.TFS

Elizabeth Allan said...

Two artistic designs Dawn. From elegant to cute these are winners!

Lin said...

I LOVE your idea of using that cute fabric giraffe, Dawn! Keep on submitting!

joy said...

The wedding card is just lovely, Dawn! And, I love the cute baby card, too. Keep submitting; I know you will get published soon!