Monday 28 January 2013

"Ted" @ Red Carpet Studio

I'm a day late with my Red Carpet Studio post, as we have been away for a long weekend at Mangawhai, to celebrate Auckland Anniversary Day.  So here  goes....

This week's challenge is inspired by the 2012 comedy movie, "Ted" starring Mark Wahlberg.

 This week's card challenge is to include a bear on your card. It can be any kind of bear - a die cut, a stamp, a digital image, etc. 


Our fabulous sponsor this week is Squigglefly! One lucky, randomly chosen winner will receive their choice of three digital images.

The design team got to work with some images from Squigglefly.  I chose this one
 And here is my card.

I used a sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday

I used some PP I had lying on my desk and some Stampin' Up! ribbon.  The pink and blue daisy edging were sent to me by Loly.    I coloured my image with Copics and dotted it with a colourless blender to create the illusion of fur.    My sentiment is from BrossArt Designs ~ a freebie from Tracey.  Once it was printed I cut it with a Spellbinders die.

Do pop over to Red Carpet Studio and see what the other DT members have done and come and join us in the challenge.  I look forward to seeing your Teddy cards.

Thanks for visiting today.  
Dawn

9 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card Dawn.love the fab image and gorgeous colours.xxx

Pajalu said...

What a fabulous card Dawn. I really love the bear he's so cute. I also love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

sheila said...

This is just adorable Dawn! I love your coloring on the bear.....such a cute image.

Maureen Morton said...

My husband HAD to watch that movie (I was so embarrassed), and I promise you that your bear is WAY sweeter than Ted. One nasty bear, that guy. Love your coloring and that sweet floral border. Nice!

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is a real sweetie - love that image, and the way you have used the partial cover of the dp and borders.
Blessings
Maxine

Kim M said...

Oh so cute! I like that layout design. Really like the flower border.

Kelly Booth said...

Such a CUTE Bear and Sweet Sweet Card Dawn!! xo

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card! Although I think that bear had a potty mouth in the movie. :) So your bear is much to sweet to be inspired by the bear in Ted. :)

Di said...

Hi there
Thankyou so much for using my image! your card is gorgeous and really cute
Hugs Di xxx