Tuesday 2 April 2013

April challenge over at Die Cut Divas.

Paula has set an awesome challenge over at Die Cut Divas this month. A Washi Birthday challenge.   And the sponsor this month is my local stamp shop~ Scottie Crafts.   Thank you Adrienne and Wendy for providing a wonderful prize.

So, I have some washi but am never too sure how to use it on my cards.  It tends to get used to hold my dies when they go through the Cuttlebug!   Paula's challenge made me think outside the square with my washi.

Washi tape piecing

I laid strips of the washi onto card and stamped my PB glamorous girl onto it... well actually I stamped the image onto a shadow stamp then onto the back to the washi covered piece.  First try I had trouble seeing the image on all that black... The reverse image stamping worked a charm!  I then coloured her and fussy cut.  The green panel was cut with a Simon Says die.  I added Washi down the sides and then cut a Simon Says banner and used the PB sentiment.  I then pop dotted the girl before adding the green stickles and some black Enamel Accents to her handbag and the shoes.  

So would love to have you join us this month over at the DCD blog.  
                        

13 comments:

Doreen said...

A beautiful card...gorgeous image and colours.xxx

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Love this image and your background.

kiwimeskreations said...

Great results from thinking outside the box - well done. This is a stunner.
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

I'm never too sure how to use washi tape either, Dawn but I love how it looks on your card! The strips along the edges of your die-cut panel look awesome and how fun to use it for the dress too! Darling card!

Monika Reeck said...

Love the lady stamp on your card...may I ask which stamp is it Dawn..love also the effect on her neck...lovely color combo...beautifully done Dawn...

Arlene said...

Love this gal. I think it's from Penny Black Hello Gorgeous 30-097 clear set. I used her on one of my February cards. She's one of several ladies, who are all wonderful.

Beautiful work, Dawn.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
This is very striking, the washi has created much drama on your card, looks fantastic . And well done on securing Scotties for a sponsor.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jutta said...

Your use of the washi tape is wonderful. Love this card!

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, This is such a fantastic card! I also have trouble with using Washi effectively. You have given me some wonderful ideas (Thank you!). Also a huge thank you for getting Scotties Craft as a sponsor.

Virginia L. said...

What a DARLING card! I love the green that you used and the background showcased this image so fabulously!

Chark said...

adorable! and classy!

Greta said...

Ingenious! Fabulous card, Dawn!

Godelieve said...

Clever!! Your card looks really fabulous!