Sunday 5 May 2013

Bright Sun Shiny Day

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW  THE RAIN IS GONE
I CAN SEE ALL OBSTACLES IN MY WAY
Gone are are the dark clouds that had me blind
IT'S GONNA BE A BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT SUN SHINY DAY
IT'S GONNA BE A BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT SUN SHINY DAY
Jimmy Cliff

After torrential rain and thunder yesterday afternoon, today dawned bright and sunny ( at least for a little while) and I woke to a 90 minute scramble over on Hero Arts where Marcy's theme was "SUNSHINE"

I started with using the monochromatic yellow theme  and the word Sunshine.

Marcy's 90 minute challenge

I started by stamping the centre flower and making a mask, then stamped the other two.  I did have to do it twice as the first time I used Versafine which didn't work well with Copics... so second time with Memento and coloured with Copics.  Used a sentiment from  Tuesday.  I trimmed the card and mounted it onto yellow and then a white card base.  The time consuming bit was adding the little black gms to the centres .

After a cuppa tea break, I decided to make a tag.
Marcy's 90min challenge ~ tag

 I cut out the tag and the PP with a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die.  I trimmed the PP a bit so there was a mat around it made by the base tag.  I added the Hero Arts sentiment and added a flower.   Quick and simple.

Luckily the sun stayed out so I could take the photos.  You can see that the bench is still a bit wet and now the sun is gone and the rain is back.

I think my computer must have a virus as when I'm typing this, the cursor keeps leaping off to all sorts of random places, my screen jumps to another tab and all sorts of strange things are happening.  I'll doing a check next,

Hope your weekend is going well.

Take care



11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn these are gorgeous - love the card in particular.
Sounds as though the wind will be a bit blustery up your way today - never mind that we are due for thunder etc. this afternoon - it is currently fine here too....
Hope the computer is o.k.
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

Awesome masking on those pretty, yellow flowers, Dawn and I adore your fabulous tag! Sure was a fun scramble, wasn't it? :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Great sunny card, I cannot see the Tag, it is missing! But I am sure it is lovely too.
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

Love your card & tag--wonderful work, Dawn!

Arlene said...

Wow... Fab card! Striking and elegant. I was at my girlfriend's and made due with what I had with me. I do LOVE the card and saw your tag as my girlfriend ran through the thread on HA. Couldn't comment then as we started on very late lunch. The background is fun and it's such a cute tag. Love the dotted sheer yellow ribbon.

Olga said...

Hi Dawn! Ahh I love yellows!! I think it's my fav color for now=) And your card and tag are gorgeous!! So inspiring! TFS! x

Doreen said...

Such gorgeous projects Dawn,love them.xxx

joy said...

A card AND a tag for the scramble? You did an amazing job with these, Dawn! Can't get that song out of my head, now!!

Brenda said...

Oh Dawn, I hope your computer is ok, damn technology! Love to see all that yellow! Your flowers came out perfectly and I totally adore that tag! Hugs to you, B xxx

alexandra s.m. said...

i like them both so much!
Thank You Dawn!!

Stamp with Angela said...

A lovely card and tag. I hope you sorted out your computer.