Yes, did Deborah set a challenge or what!!! Today was a 90 minute scramble over on the Hero Arts Flickr group. So the hostess was Deborah and she really came up with a challenge and a half....
1. Music (stamps, song lyrics, music-themed paper, etc.)
2. Heavenly bodies (stars, moon, sun, etc.)
3. NO green ink or cardstock (okay in a pattern paper, though)
4. At least one ink that isn't black or brown (you can use black or
brown, but we need to see another color of ink in there somewhere)
So there I was at 8.00am on a Sunday morning and do you think I could find my Hero Arts Musical background stamp.... I must have spent almost 10 minutes looking.... then I thought...last time I used it was at Christmas.... was it with my Christmas stamps... yes there it was.... and then by the 18 minute mark, I still didn't have an idea.
I used Dried Marigold distress ink to stamp the Musical background and then distressed the edges. I had major issues with the sentiment stripe. I must have stamped it three times. Twice I smudged the ink. The stars and sentiment are from Teddy Bo & Co. I tied some yellow twine around the panel. It was all mounted on a cream card base.
I thought I'd do another card and started off stamping the music background in black and used some distress inks to colour.... but wait.... is that green ink I spy.... darn it... that piece will have to be used somewhere else.... so with about 20 minutes to go, I had another go.
I used a blue Distress ink to stamp the musical background and used some soft colour inks to cover the background. I used the computer to make the sentiment and cut it out with an oval Spellbinder die and used the Floral Ovals to cut a mat in the blue. I finished with some silver stars. Just got it finished with about 2 mins to spare. Now I'm not so happy with this one, and feel it might get reconstructed at some time.
So thank you Deborah for providing a great challenge on this scramble... a great start to my day.