Saturday 9 November 2013

A Snowman in Summer.....

It's strange to be making a Snowman card when it's summer time here in New Zealand.... but I wanted to CASE a card I saw on Gina K's Stamp TV   Her technique was to use a white Faber Castell pen and a silver pen to make a plaid background.


The background turned out perfectly, even though my silver pen is a bit thinner than what Gina used.  My snowman is from Hero Arts and my sentiment from Kaisercraft.   

I know summer is here as today we had strawberries for dessert.  This is one of my favourite fruits over the summer period and they are very plentiful and reasonably priced just now.  We love ours with a spoonful of icing sugar and some vanilla yoghurt.   Semi healthy! 

We're off to visit some local gardens tomorrow.  They are are in the country about half an hour from here.  It's a fund raiser for a local Rotary group.  

It's late so off to bed for me.  Back tomorrow night to take part in the Moxie Fab Thanks Cath blog hop... see you then


7 comments:

joy said...

I'd rather be eating strawberries than building snowmen - real or paper ones for that matter!! I love your take on Gina's cute card - your background is perfectly done.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card DAwn, that background is a stunner! Jo x

Doreen said...

Beautiful,lovely image and papers.xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

I did a double take on that card as I had seen the original!! Well done in the background - it looks great.
I have been munching on strawberries too - they sit on the bench and I pick at them all day.... naughty but very nice!
Blessings
Maxine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
That Bg looks fantastic.
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

This is adorable, Dawn! Love your plaid background--will have to try that technique. Fresh strawberries--yum!

Maureen Morton said...

That background is so rich, Dawn! I love it, and the little fellow out front. So glad you are enjoying some summer fruits......my favorite time of year.