Sunday 12 October 2014

More Autumn Leaves

I know that Spring is here in NZ, but I LOVE the Autumn colours and so when I saw that Arlene was hosting a 90 min scramble over on the Hero Arts Flickr Group and it was a 24hr time frame.... which means that within the 24hr period you can make your card but must stick to the 90mins to make your card, photograph it and upload it to the group. 

So at 11.15am Sunday morning I started.


I started by stamping one of the leaves from the Hero Arts set called 3 Leaves.  I used Old Paper distress ink and stamped it onto some Strathmore Water colour paper.  I then used the wet on wet technique to colour with some Kohi-nor watercolour paints.  Once they dried I fussy cut them out.  I took card base and used some watered down ink to add splatters and stamped the Hero Arts sentiment.  I added two stripes of some shimmery card and then added the leaves with some dimensional tape down the middle.   All that took me 30 mins and then another 10 to photograph, edit and upload.

I'm adding this to a these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp ~ Watercolour
City Crafter Challenge blog ~ leaves
Crafty Catz challenge ~ Autumn
Wags'n' Whiskers ~ Fall Colours

9 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow! Fabulous and in only 30 minutes too, I love what you've done, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Becca Cruger said...

Beautiful!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
And are we not all pleased that Spring is here in NZ. You did a great job to make this lovely card in the allotted time, the leaves are fabulous but it is the splatters that finish it off wonderfully, it just adds that little bit of movement that is sometimes necessary in a design.
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

Beautiful work, Dawn! Love the layout, too!

alexandra s.m. said...

Lovely card Dawn!
I love those tones too ;)
Thank you~

carol said...

wonderful creation....thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ..good luck, x carol

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely splatter dear Dawn..and I love the color on the leaves...looks real ...adorable card my friend..hugs, Monika

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely card Dawn - love the random splatters echoing the colours on the leaves.
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. you are welcome to come to my class :-)

Deirdre said...

Love your creation - those splatters are just perfection.