Saturday 31 January 2015

Online card classes - CAS4 - day 1 homework and a happy accident.

I love taking online card classes.  This latest one is awesome... I only wish I had the time to spend trying out all the lovely techniques.  Day 5 is done and Day 6 is nearly here.  Last night I had a little time to try out one of the techniques. Two toned embossing.

Online card class - day 1 homework.

I used a Hero Art background stamp and stamped it in Versamark ink.  I then masked off the top with a negative spaced heart.  I sprinkled with some dark pink powder.  Once I removed the mask, added Sparkle powder and then heated.  I had received a die cut from Robyn in my latest CCC swap so I black embossed it three times and then added it with a sentiment from Winnie & Walter.  The heart looked a  bit indistinct so went around it with a black gel pen.  Added a few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh

My second card is my Happy Accident.

Happy Accident

I was attempting to cut out a panel using a plain outer die and an inner intricate die.  I accidentally put the outer die upside down so it embossed rather than cut, and the inner one cut as it should have.  Luckily I had used a patterned piece big enough to use on a card base.  I stamped the Quietfire Designs sentiment and added an embossed and die cut butterfly. I'm very happy with this happy accident. 




8 comments:

joy said...

Two beauties, Dawn! Love the second one best; accidents do produce some surprising results at times.

Betty said...

i think happy accidents are the best - especially when they turn out as great as yours did!!

Kara Lynne said...

Some of the best designs happen by accident! Love your cards and those fun techniques!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great 'accident' - I guess that's what they mean when it is said there are no mistakes - just opportunities to learn. Lovely cards Dawn
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Love that Hello CUT OUT Dawn..I wish I have it but I know you must be so busy :) ...I hope one day you have time to cut one or two for me to try Dawn (grinz) and great using that flower and dots stamp I have that one too from Hero Arts...the seond card is wooowww ADORABLE made Dawn..love that butterfly and CAS design..hugs, Monika

Greta said...

Lovely cards, Dawn! Your "accident" is a wonderful card!

alexandra s.m. said...

it just goes to show you that there are no accidents when you have talent! Two beautiful cards Dawn!

Becca Cruger said...

What a really cool technique with that cool two-toned embossing. And that second card! You should make "mistakes" like that more often! It's absolutely stunning!