Saturday 21 February 2015

Use a sentiment....

Creative Craft Cottage has it's fortnightly challenge up and running and our theme is Use a sentiment.

Our sponsor this fortnight is Karleigh Sue

And here is my card


The sentiment stamp I used is from a Tim Holtz  set I got last week with my Simon Says Stamp order.  As you know I like to use dies and embossing on my cards and this one certainly does.  The brick wall embossing folder is by Sizzix and the die from Spellbinders.

As you read this, I am enjoying a holiday break away on Kawau Island... We arrived Friday and are staying till Thursday.  We are staying in a friend's bach (holiday house).  To get to the island you came over by ferry.  Our bach is then 49 steps up the hill from the wharf and  51 steps down to the water... so nestled in the bush.  I've got some photos on my iPhone so once I upload I'll do a post showing you the seclusion. Not a lot to do but read, swim and occasionally catch up with blogs... don't have a whole heap of data on my phone which I'm hotspotting so I can use the computer.

Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Dawn, love the image and the sentiment. They work so well together, Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Love your sweet coloured image Dawn a great card. Enjoyed your short break away!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - love that background texture. Enjoy your break - it sounds idyllic!!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Ach
sweet sentiment Dawn
and I love the image
great coloring and love that Embossing paper behind the main Image
I wish you a great sunday
Hugs,
Monika

Becca Cruger said...

This is so girly and pretty. I love the swirl of bling! I hope you enjoy the vacation greatly!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love this card, Dawn! Your coloring is just beautiful and I love the texture on your embossed background! Really lovely card!

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beautiful and poetic card Dawn!
I love that bohemian look ;)

Greta said...

Your vacation sounds fabulous--enjoy your time away, Dawn! Darling card--love your coloring!