Tuesday 7 April 2015

Use a Die Cut... new challenge at Creative Craft Cottage

Yes, the latest challenge at Creative Craft Cottage is up and it's right up my alley... use a die cut on your card.   As you know I have a TON of dies and just love using die cuts on my cards.

We have two sponsors this fortnight...
   

I used an image from Lemon Shortbread for my card

         
I started by making my base card.  I used a Clearly Besotted leaf stamp to make a patterned background.  I put the image in a Word document and cropped it.  Once I coloured it, I use a Spellbinder to cut the oval and then the  Floral Oval in purple.  I did a little paper piecing on my image to make her hairband and bow.  I added a Cherry Lynn bow die in the same PP.  Finished with some large pearls.  I haven't added a sentiment... that will go inside when I decided who and when to send it. 

So if you love using die cuts on your cards and projects, do hop over and join us at Creative Craft Cottage.        

5 comments:

Doreen said...

Lovely details and a fab image.xxx

Monika Reeck said...

ooh dear
this lady is so sweeet
and your coloring her adorable
love all purple hee
and that green stamped behind is perfect touch ..love that bow too it is made by paper? Awesome..
your card more und more beautiful dear Dawn...Love to see all them...
Join my Linky Birthday party dear Dawn...see at my Blog please...
hugs, Monika

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Dawn - love the way you have used and mounted the image - beautifully coloured too :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Love the paper piecing. CUte little girl. Sweet card!

Greta said...

Such a darling card, Dawn! Your coloring is amazing!