Tuesday 12 January 2016

Vintage Roses

Last week I spend a bit of time watching some some videos on Altenew Layering stamps.  It's a free class available at the Altenew Academy (HERE)  I liked the way the stamps layer.  I do have a couple of them but decided play with a WPlus9  set.

I used Coming Up Roses together with some distress inks and some generation stamping

 I still need LOTS of practice but was reasonable happy with my results.  I embossed the sentiment across the centre using a Clearly Besotted set.  And of course a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

Back to work this week and it was hard going yesterday.  Slightly better today.  Luckily the weather has been a bit iffy so don't feel so bad... but not good for the parentals who are still staying with us.  Today they came into Takapuna for lunch with me even though it was raining.  They are here till Saturday before heading back to the Gold Coast.

Have a great week.

Dawn

7 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Yes, sometimes these are hard to line up! But when they do, it's magical!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn you really are quite the artist with these - it is one beautiful card! I suspect you are being rather hard on yourself.:-)
Pity about the weather - we got very little rain here, so I have had to water the gardens this evening.
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

you should definitely be happy with this card - beautiful design and colors!

Greta said...

Beautiful roses & card, Dawn!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your roses Dawn!
Such a beautiful card!!
TFS~

Monika Reeck said...

it looks like you painted the flower Dawn
looks so gorgeous
I adore this
one of my fav from your cards my friend
I just come back from Indonesia (32 degree) to Germany (-5 degree) I feel tired freezing and jetlag and my hubby fly to Asia for a business trip too oh ooh I am alone with my sons hehe
just wanna say hi to you my sweet blogland friend
hugs, Monika

creationsnz said...

These are wonderful Dawn, they look very arty.