Wednesday 13 April 2016

Spring Swing card

Today it's my turn on Die Cut Divas to inspire you.
Our sponsor for the month is Gina K Designs

and our challenge is: to make a project you associate with April (such as Easter, Rain, Storms, April Fools Day, Spring, Autumn, IRS/Taxes or April holidays (www.holidayinsights.com)


I wanted to try out a Swing card I saw in a magazine.  The sample was with some layered roses stamps and in my Gina K stamp sets, I had just the stamps I needed.....


I made my swing card using a stitched die from Simon Says Stamp and a Spellbinders circle die.  I used some linen look card for my base.   The stamps used are from Gina K Designs Flowers and Frames 2.  I used Memento blue ink - stamping off to get the lighter colour and full strength for the second layer.  The sentiment from the same set was stamped with Versafine Onyx black.   So happy with the results.

We would love to have you join us at Die Cut Divas this month.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Don't you wish there were really blue roses? Love these shades, Dawn!

Greta said...

Gorgeous flowers--love this card, Dawn!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a pretty swing card, Dawn! I love that you played with your blue ink to create variation and depth, and how you stamped the roses to create a visual triangle! Gorgeous card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning Dawn - I made a swing card recently too - they are fun, and you have really nailed this one - love the roses and how you have stamped them.
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! Love your colour combo and how you used the images - gorgeous, Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous swing card Dawn and I love the beautiful blue.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Beautiful! Love the look the linen cardstock gives to your focal panel.
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

Monika Reeck said...

I love your texture Paper Dawn
that ROSE really blue and shading so great
you have great stamp and nice color combo too
cute swing card I never made similar like this
you are so creative Dawn
hugs
Monika