Friday 19 August 2016

Altenew Flamingo colours inspirational Challenge

I liked the flowers I made with Pixie Powder so I decided I needed some more colours.  I ordered a Pink, a Red and Yellow and they arrived in time for me to try out and make a card for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  I was inspired by the Flamingo colours.


I started by using the Pixie Powders for the base layer of the Beautiful Day flower.  I over stamped the outline and the centre stamps.  I masked then added the leaves with Altenew inks and some Copic markers.  I cut it with a Lil' Inkers die.  Then I smudged some ink on it.  So I decided to trim around the flowers and layered over a pink panel.   The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  

While I was adding this one to the challenge, I saw a beautiful card by Lin (here).  Lin used Altenew Painted Flowers.  I haven't used this set for ages so decided to do another card.  Lin also used some woodgrain paper.  I knew I had some pink woodgrain paper in a new Rosie's Studio pad I got this week, so pulled it out. 


I started with some card that had green alcohol inks on it.  I used Altenew Ruby Red ink and stamped over it the green.  I then stamped the outer stamps with black ink.   I then fussy cut the flowers,  two are adhered directly to the card and the centre one was popped up.  I stamped some extra leaves and added them.  I added the woodgrain panel to a dark pink panel and then added to a soft grey card base.  Finished with a few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  So I have entered this into the challenge. 


Thanks for stopping by today.  The weekend is almost here.  Hoping to get the time to do some stamping. 



4 comments:

Betty said...

two lovely cards Dawn!

Greta said...

I finally some Altenew products & you've inspired me to play in their challenges, Dawn! I really love the first card--the goof & new design just made it great!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the combination of pink and white background in the top card Dawn - an happy accident, albeit frustrating at the time, no doubt. The second card is also a great one.
Blessings
Maxine

lostinpaper said...

Another beautiful floral design, those flowers pop so sweetly on the woodgrain background!