Monday 20 February 2017

Text background

Last night I was commenting on the fabulous creations on the Hero Arts Flickr scramble and saw this card from Lin

https://flic.kr/p/S3Jjan | quickcard148 | I have been wanting to play with this Leaf and Floral Background stamp again, and LaVon's challenge was perfectly timed!  Using a technique that Cindy first used.  I  stamped it using shaded lilac distress ink, then turned the stamp 180 degrees and stamped it a 2nd time using blueprint sketch distress ink.  The panel was trimmed down, inked along the edges, and attached to a white card base.  My happy die-cut was then sponged with both inks in an omb...:  

Isn't it gorgeous.  I loved how she double stamped the floral stamp.   I decided that I was going to CASE this card.  


I used Catherine Pooler inks - Aquatini and Something Borrowed to make my panel. I used two layers of fun foam to layer it for dimension,  I stamped the Text stamp in the Something Borrowed.  My die cut is from CAS-ual Fridays and I covered it with glossy accents.    I didn't get it photographed in time for the scramble.  Thanks Lin for the inspiration

6 comments:

Lin said...

Dawn, what a nice way to start my day, finding your card! I love your blues, and the text background (another of my favorite things) is a great pairing! Thank you for the mention!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - I had seen Lin's, and wondered why it popped up on my feed from you!! Love your CASE of it.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

I loved Lin's card, too & your case is great!

Monika Reeck said...

Lin card is stunning with that HAPPY in two colors
and yours too
Love your take the idea from her card
adorable cards both from you and Lin
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

So happy just doin catch up all your post Dawn
hope you are well
and see you around
miss you
hugs
Monika

Richard Carroll said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.