Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Colourful background inspired by Greta

The weekend before last the Hero Arts Flickr Group had a scramble - hosted by Cat and it was about creating your main focus for your card, then CUT it up and only use a portion of it.  I didn't manage to get up to in time to take part - late night and scramble on at 6.00am!  But the idea was awesome.  There were some fabulous entries and I was inspired by Greta's sample - using a Hero Arts background stamp, embossed and some soft watercolours....



Isn't it gorgeous!  I love the pretty colours she used.    However for my focus piece I used much brighter colours. And took some inspiration from one of Cat's sample cards... 




I was really pleased with the results.  And even though I didn't join the scramble, I challenged myself to make these both within 90 mins... and achieved it.   Thanks to Cat and Greta for their inspiration.

2 comments:

Greta said...

Ah--so glad I could give you some inspiration! Cat's cards were wonderful & your cases are fabulous--love the bright colors!

Barb Ghig said...

Two beautiful cards, Dawn! I love that you chose bright colors, and that you were able to create more than one panel...Love them both!