Wednesday 17 May 2017

Sparkle and Shine

I really had fun taking part in the Online Card Class Sparkle and Shine.  There were heaps of different ways to make your projects Sparkle and Shine.... including using mica powders such as PearlEx and Perfect Pearls.   I have some of each.  With the PearlEx you need to use a fixative (such as cheap hairspray) and with Perfect Pearls the fixative is already in the formula.

My first card uses Perfect Pearls Interference Red on some black card with a Hero Arts Background.


The colour is stunning in real life - changes colours at different angles.    I CASE'd Debby Hughes by white embossing on vellum and used some Perfect Pearls - perfect pearls coloured powder onto the vellum.  I added some leaves and finished with a black die cut that was a freebie.  The little hearts came out of the die cut and were the perfect embellishment.

And the second card used PearlEx Blue Russet on white card.  A very interesting combination


I used the same Hero Arts background to make the central panel.  I used some Altenew Christmas Rose flowers and used the PearlEx powder to do the centres.  I die cut some Sizzix leaves in a pale green.  I added a vellum circle with an embossed Stampin' Up sentiment.  A few sequins and it was all finished.

I can highly recommend this class.

As these cards are full of shiny goodness I have entered the first one into the challenge at Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for stopping by today. 

7 comments:

Lin said...

Oh but I love that first card, Dawn! Gorgeous!!

CinnamonSally said...

Love your cards Dawn, so pretty.

Greta said...

What neat cards, Dawn--I love both powders & bet I'd love the class!

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Dawn - well done on taking the class and having such impressive results
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

the With Love card ooh stunning
love that BG in black and purple Dawn
the one with two flowers is sweet
love them all

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job with your Perfect Pearls, Dawn! I love the effect on black and how you added vellum to both cards! I love your choice of flowers, too...really stunning work!

Gayatri said...

Both your cards are so beautiful. LOVE the sparkly details background on the second card. Thanks so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit of Sparkle Challenge. Gayatri xx