Tuesday 17 July 2018

Monochromatic Flower card

I was blog hopping tonight through my favourite blogs and saw that over at The Flower Challenge it was a monochromatic theme.  My good blogger friend Betty had made a gorgeous card (HERE) that got my mind churning.  I was in my craft room making a last minute masculine card, but had to wait for glossy accents to dry, so pulled out some Patterned Paper, my favourite Altenew Beautiful Day stamps and some Altenew inks and made this,


I wanted a bold sentiment so pair my flower with a Catherine Pooler Design sentiment.   The Altenew inks, Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, Lagoon and Emerald matched my PP perfectly. 

Well the packing is 99% done and everything else is in order, roll on Thursday morning (albeit 4.00am) so we can get the show on the road.   Half day tomorrow at work, then afternoon tea with Hubby's niece and her family, over here from Canada followed by an early night.... Excited Much!

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is stunning, Dawn! Love the background and the beautiful colouring of the flower, Jo x

Arlene said...

This is just gorgeous. Your background is fantastic and that's patterened paper? Give me a bunch. The flower and sentiment are perfect. You've got a lot of "WOW" going on here.

Betty said...

such a gorgeous card, Dawn - and thanks for the mention of my card. have a fantastic trip!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

WOW! Dawn, this is divine! I LOVE your stunning inky background and that beautiful rose is just perfect! What a stunning creation hun and that sentiment just finishes it off so so beautifully. I utterly LOVE this exquisite creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo (I must remember the reason I popped in! Happy travels hun. Wishing you a super lovely time away. xoxo)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

It's patterned paper?! No!! I seriously thought you've inked that!! It matches so perfectly with the ink work on your beautiful bloom! Hehe, I miss things when I speed read! LOL. Hugs Wends xoxo

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, love this look.

Michelle Short said...

Hi Dawn, this is beautiful! I love the colours. You have won my recent giveaway for the Altenew Colour Therapy Blog Hop :) Please could you email me so that you can claim your prize. Thank you!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you have chosen and together with this amazing Altenew flower you have managed to create an eye catching creation. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Greta said...

So pretty, Dawn--love the shading & gorgeous flower!

creationsnz said...

Deliciously beautiful Dawn, and such beautiful colouration, CarolG

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous monochromatic card, Dawn! Your bloom is so pretty and I love how you stamped the sentiment and leaves...so striking!