Sunday 14 October 2018

CAS Christmas - Birds

I haven't been doing much this week as I've been working on  a commission for a girl from work.   She wanted a card for her husband for their anniversary, but wanted a number of photos on it... so I suggested an exploding box  - that gave me an ability to use all the photos of their wedding and the family.  I really am pleased with the result but it did take quite some time to get it all done.

Today I did get some time to time to get a quick CAS Christmas card done for the the CAS Christmas card challenge - cue word BIRDS


I used a die cut to make my dove from silver mirror card.  It was a die from a couple of years ago that came with a magazine.  I die cut the frame with a MFT die.  The sentiment was from another freebie set from a few years ago as well.  

And here is a quick collage of the exploding box - not fully finished


I've added more photos and the lid has a photo of them on their wedding day with the words For Ever die cut and other embellishments and sentiments on some of the flaps.

Thanks for stopping by.  


 

9 comments:

Arlene said...

I like the CAS Xmas card with that wonderful die framing.

That exploding box is out of this world fantastic too.

Bonnie said...

I love this beautiful silver bird, Dawn! It fits perfectly in the frame! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Peace dove, and love the die cut frame :), thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas
P.S. amazing job withe the exploding box anniversary card, I'm sure your co-worker will love it.

CinnamonSally said...

Love this CAS Christmas card Dawn and your exploding box card is amazing!!

Betty said...

your card is so pretty, Dawn - and the boxes you make always amaze me!

Loll said...

Your dove card is beautiful and elegant Dawn! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!! And thanks for sharing pictures of your exploding box card. It's amazing and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive this gorgeous keepsake. Great work!

kiwimeskreations said...

Striking card Dawn, and what a wonderful exploding box you have made!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

the Bird is so shiny
really lovely Middle Image Dawn
love this

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--the box card is an absolute treasure! I can't imagine making that card, Dawn! Really love the Christmas card!