Sunday 28 October 2018

Christmas cards galore!

WARNING... PHOTO HEAVY

My Mojo is still waning.... and I need to make some Christmas cards - getting asked at work when am I bringing them in to sell!   So while I was in Spotlight yesterday morning getting some knitting needles to make some little Ugg boots for the upcoming arrival... I spotted a pack of pre-cut dies cuts
So I thought that with some patterned papers  I might get some cards done with out too much effort,





These first two use die cut poinsettias.  I enhanced them with some grey pencils.  The first one was added to some purple patterned paper and used a Kaisercraft  sentiment embossed onto black card and the second one used an embossed panel with the same sentiment.


Loved these three gnomes so added them all together on the one card.  I grounded them with a strip of bronze glitter washi tape.  The panel was embossed in the upper corners and finished with a gnome sentiment.

The next two cards used patterned paper.  One had a little touch of stamping of some pine branches in the corner.



the deer and the Merry Christmas banner are actually silver but it was very hard to get the photo to show this.  Both papers came from a Recollections paper pack
Recollections Paper Pad Festive 6x6 Assorted 

And my final card for the day was a commissioned card.... Request was for something for a NZ'er and his Italian partner who live in Spain..... so came up with NZ Pohutakawa branches covered with some snow.... and with a Spanish sentiment. 


Think I got the brief covered.
I am adding this to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge... it's Tristan's All About Holidays...

Well if you've made it here... thank you for visiting.  Please leave me a comment and let me know if you liked my cards. 

11 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn - the poinsettia ones are gorgeous and the last commissioned one is perfect!

Greta said...

Looks like your mojo is back, Dawn--beautiful cards! I especially love the last 2--very well-designed & stamped!

CinnamonSally said...

These are all gorgeous Dawn, I would say your mojo is back!!

Michelle W said...

Wow Dawn, they are all beautiful! Congrats to your son and his partner, how exciting!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I LOVE the tomte! (Gnomes) That is a gorgeous card! They're all gorgeous cards in fact, fabulous designs every one of them! Gorgeous line up hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Tristan said...

Wow - you certainly have been busy Dawn. Love your NZ/Italian Christmas card. I can feel that snow falling. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Created by Kath said...

What a wonderful collection of Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Dawn, for someone whose mojo is waning, you've made some awesome cards. While I'm not entirely sure of what a NZ Pohutakawa branch might be (it seems similar to our Pine tree branches) I love what you've done with the snow and berries. Love the square format and the colours you've chosen as well as that Spanish sentiment. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh wooow they are all beautiful Dawn my fav one the second card with adorale Embossing Folder the third one so cute gnome..the fifth on so adorable scene you made and the last card is beautiful with so many white dots there
Great post
hugs
Monika

Lady Joyful said...

What a wonderful selection of Christmas cards! Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

creationsnz said...

All fabulous makes Dawn, but my fave has to be the purple one - fantastic flower. CarolG