Thursday 1 November 2018

One Embossing Folder - Two looks

I got out an embossing folder that I got last year to make a Christmas card.  The folder and matching stamps and die were a freebie with a magazine, so I pulled out the magazine to give me a starting point.  So I CASE'd one of the cards.


I stamped the oval with Altenew Evergreen ink and used my ScanNCut to cut an oval around it.  I cut a slightly bigger oval and used the ink to colour it to match.  I die cut the spray in red and added them behind the sentiment and the whole topper added to the embossed piece. 

I then decided to try the letterpress technique.  I inked up the inside of the embossing folder with some Evergreen Ink and run it through my Cuttlebug.


I die cut the holly spray from Green card and added Nuvo drops on the berries.  Used the same sentiment. 

I have to get more cards made soon as I took my Christmas cards to work and sold a number of them there.   

And this weekend I'm off to a Craft Event.   It's about 2 hours south of here and I'm doing a day trip with my friend Suna.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff that will be there.  I've been saving up and have a big list of things I want to get.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Both are beautiful Dawn
love the first card with that Embossing folder
hugs from Germany
Monika

Greta said...

Wow--2 beauties, Dawn! I love the embossing folder & so neat to see what different looks you can get with it! How fun to be going to an event where you can buy more goodies! I'd much rather be able to see something in person & take it home if I like it, instead of everything by mail.