Wednesday 2 January 2019

AECP - Creative Watercolour Media




2019 is here and I'm really going to make an effort to get my AECP finish.... so off to a good start.  I took my inspiration today from Creative Watercolor Media... a class tutored by Jennifer Rzasa, Debby Hughes and Laura Bassen.  It's all about using Altenew sprays, reinkers and ink pads as a watercolour medium.  This is a super fun class that really encourage you to make the most of your Altenew supplies.   I don't have any Altenew sprays or reinkers but have a LOT of their cube ink pads.  22 sets of 4 colours!  And boy are these inks PERFECT for watercolouring....


I started with some Brockingford Cold Press 200gm watercolour paper and using my new Ruffled Flowers stamps and some Gold embossing powder I stamped the two outline stamps several times around my card.   I then smooshed the ink pads on to my small Altenew palette to make the "paint"  I used Hydrangea and Ultraviolet for the flowers and Green Field for the leaves.  I then took Vanilla ream and added a wash all over the card.  The sentiment is from More than Words stamp set.  Finished with a few Nuvo drop pearl dots.  I mounted onto a purple panel which is attached to my white card base.  

I really enjoyed using this technique and use it a lot to colour (paint) my stamps.  

I really am enjoying the latest goodies that arrived on Monday from Altenew.  A few more cards are in progress.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

Betty said...

gorgeous card, Dawn - haven't ever tried watercoloring with their inks - must have a go!

Greta said...

Beautifully done--love those flowers, Dawn!

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful card Dawn.

Krafterscart said...

Stunning Card...

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Dawn - love the purple toned blues with the gold embossing
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Happy to see that you are tackling the program in the new year! (YOU CAN DO IT!)! I love the embossing with the water-coloring in this! GREAT choice of stamps and use of space!I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!