Tuesday 1 January 2019

Happy New Year....My Altenew favourites

I've been blog hopping with Altenew for their best cards for 2018 and thought I'd share some of my favourites for 2018 together with some I've done with new stamps - including the generous little gift from them.
#AltenewBest2018







And here are my latest offerings - using the appreciation gift



For this I stamped the bigger flower in Purple inks - using the leaf to add a layer (thanks to someone who I saw do this on IG)  Used both the leaves from the set in two green colours.  I smudged some green on my card... cleverly disguised with the purple gems..


This one caused me no end of issues.... first I smudged ink below the flowers so cut it off... next I added to a plain base, added the sentiment and got carried away with adding Liquid dots...so cut it off again.  Finally added to another panel and added some metallic tape.  Sentiment is from the Fantastic Floral Fantasies kit (More than Words stamp set).


And the last one I used the long leaf from the gift with my Wreath Builder stencil (Gina K) and some green inks.  Filled in with teeny tiny stamps from several Altenew sets in reds and purples.   The sentiment is from the Engraved Flowers set.

Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve.  We had our son and his partner and our friends Micheal and Yvonne here for a BBQ dinner and some fireworks and sitting around the brazier till midnight to see the New Year in.

Hope 2019 is good for you. 

3 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn - especially love the ones you made with that darling little stamp set!

Greta said...

I can see why you picked these cards, Dawn--all so lovely! Such fun that Altenew sent that stamp set to customers when they weren't expecting it & you've used it beautifully! I really love the last card--stunning!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Dawn - you really do wonderful work with the Altnew florals
Blessings
Maxine