Sunday 13 January 2019

Using something New

My NZ swap group theme for this month is to use something new..... something you received for Christmas, bought at a craft fair, etc that you haven't used yet !  I got a lovely gift pack from my son and his partner that included some stencils, washi tapes, and flowers.  I chose to use one of the stencils.

.
I sponged some Altenew ink through the stencils and then added some translucent embossing paste on top.  I cut it and layered with some very dark navy card.  I white embossed a sentiment from Altenew  "Engraved Flowers" set.  I also stenciled part of the flower inside the card and made a matching envelope.  



 I am entering this into the Card & Matching Envelope challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge
and the new challenge called "CAS stenciling" which has a theme of sponging.

 I haven't done much crafting this weekend as our son and his partner moved into their new house.  They have been living with us since early November.   We helped them moving yesterday - I dusted and cleaned the furniture before it went into the house.  It's been sitting in my garage so had got dusty.  We spend most of the day there and today, hubby went over after lunch with our lawn mower and did the lawn.  I took over my son's washing that I'd had on the line and a few odds and sods that got left behind.  They are so happy to finally be in.  It's in a nicer area and close to several of their friends.   
 

I'll be busy this week making sure I'm ahead with my Design Team work as we head off on the 20th to so our West Coast bike trail.  Not sure I am ready for it but will give it a go.  It's only for 4 days - biking between 24 -34 kilometres a day (about 3-4 hours cycling a day) plus I've hired an E-bike to make it a bit easier for me.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

11 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card, Dawn - have fun on your biking holiday!!

Arlene said...

Oh my gosh, 3 to 4 hours a day. Dawn, You are a trooper. I will be sending you a hug each day.

Arlene said...

I do love the card and matching envelope.

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely stencil and love the color combo too Dawn
hugs
Monika

Loll said...

Beautiful card using that pretty stencil. Love the colours and the translucent paste on top really brings out the colours and makes them more vibrant. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

Krafterscart said...

This is so pretty.... loved the combination... amazing...

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card & envelope Dawn! It's so pretty and beautifully stencilled.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Julia Aston said...

I love the colors you used on this pretty floral stencil Dawn! And the added shine with the gloss is beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the first CAS Stencil Challenge! It was nice you got to use some new supplies!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card, Dawn. Your house will feel huge now they've moved out, Jo x

Greta said...

Enjoy your bike trip! I really love your use of transluscent paste over the colors--gorgeous!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful floral stencil sponged design, Dawn. I love your colors, framing and sentiment. Such a nice touch adding part of the flower image to your envelope and the inside of your card. So pleased you were able to play along with us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge even though you have been very busy with your kids move. Hugs..Nancy