Thursday 14 February 2019

WCC#208 Charlotte's "All About Occasions" Challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Charlotte is our hostess this week with an "All about Occasions" challenge.




I had fun trying out an older technique that I saw over at Splitcoaststampers... called Faux Pressed Flowers. 


I started by die cut the flowers with a Couture Creations "Geranium" from yellow printer paper.   I sponged the flowers with Altenew inks in Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze and Firebrick and then layered them up together.   Next I used Altenew Just Green and Hunter Green inks to stamp the Penny Black stamp "Magnolia Rhapsody" and stamped the sentiment from Altenew "Sohcohtoa" set.  I glued the flowers over top of the branch.  The next step is to run the card panel through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder.  The one I chose is "Zane" by Couture Creations.   I finished by layering onto some orange card before putting onto a white base.  A Pale Gold nuvo drop onto the flower centres finished off the card.


Come join in the fun and make a card for an occasion.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 1pm NZ time) to link up your project.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

6 comments:

Betty said...

interesting technique, Dawn and your card turned out beautifully! i was so pleased to get an HM in last week's challenge when it was the first time i ever entered. will have to five this one a go also!

Dotty Jo said...

Works brilliantly! Jo x

Tristan said...

Dawn - I love the texture on this card from the stunning embossing folder.

Greta said...

I love dry embossing & wow--what a great look done over the flowers, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

Woooww the Flower self is Beautiful Dawn
and the embossing BG added more interest
wooow
Love this Card my friend
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

I mean the embossing Folder wooow you have adorable one ...lucky you..