Sunday 10 March 2019

Using a background stamp or two.

My blog friend Greta, is a guest designer over at Just Us Girls this month.  Her post the other day was for the theme - Use a background stamp.  Greta had tried out a technique by Jennifer McGuire which inspired me to try it out.  (Here is Jennifer's technique)  It's a Distress Monoprint one... and I have to say my attempt was a dismal failure!  I think my clear embossing powder is past it!  It really didn't go on smoothly and when I went to do the spritzing and running through my Cuttlebug... not a lot happened.  Hardly any ink transferred and I could see an imprint from the embossing.  Well I thought I might as well use the piece.... I had used a Hero Arts background stamp with Distress inks.


So you can see only a tiny bit of the ink transfer  so I pulled out some more Hero Arts background stamps.  This one was a cling stamp called Antique Background.  I randomly inked it with some green ink and dabbed some bits off and stamped it over the background piece.  I pulled out a very old favourite Stamp and Die set and used Lime Rickey Catherine Pooler inks to stamp up the butterfly.  I used a Spectrum Noir glitter pen to move the ink around and added some Tiki Torch ink for the circles.  Finished with a Catherine Pooler die cut sentiment.

Entering this into the JUG's challenge.  I enjoyed pulling out my older backgrounds - many of them on big blocks and not having seen the light of day for quite some time.


And as I tried something new, I'm entering this into Virginia's March "Show and Share" challenge.


Also entering the colour it in at A2Z Scrapbooking challenge
Thanks for stopping by. 

10 comments:

Greta said...

Oh so happy to see you join the challenge, Dawn! I had the same problem with one of my monoprint attempts & just covered it up with more stamping. But I am still trying to figure out how to use my other one that is very light, but beautiful, so I don't want to cover it up--haha! I absolutely adore your card & use of the old bg stamps!

Virginia L. said...

This may not work out as well as you planned, but it really is gorgeous with the print and details!! Thanks for the link and reminder about this techniques! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

Cindy C. said...

This turned out so beautifully!! I love that background and the butterflies are perfect!

Cindy C. said...

Btw thanks for joining in our March challenge at a2z!!

Arlene said...

So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking for the March challenge of "Color It In". The imperfect can become the perfect. You can see that here.

Monika Reeck said...

I always love this butterfly stamp Dawn
this is my fav too
and you did it the best with the DIES

I love your green butterfly card
hugs
Monika

Bobby said...

However you ended up making the background it looks wonderful, Dawn. The soft inking around the edges and little bits of script look perfect with the butterflies. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! Your butterflies are so gorgeous with that background and love the font on your sentiment! Thanks for sharing with JUGS!

Wiebke KomMa-Designed said...

Beautiful butterfly card Dawn!
Found your card in the Virginia's Show & Share #3 Gallery.

Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

Karen L K said...

You made the best of it! I think that is a great looking card! Love the background and those butterflies look great over it. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.