Wednesday 3 April 2019

March CCC- A happy accident or two.

I was a bit late sending off my March Card Chain Challenge to Jo in England, so not sure if she has it yet... if not Jo...don't look!

If  you are unfamiliar with the Card Chain Challenge, it a card swap.  Each month you participate you get to send a card to someone and get a card from someone else.  Win win for everyone.  There are generally several options available.... a colour challenge, a sketch challenge or different themes or techniques.

For March, as I had completed forgotten that I needed to do a card, I chose to the easy theme of Friendship.


So my happy accident #1 was that when I stamped and embossed the flowers from Altenew's "Sweetest Peas" stamp, I grabbed what I thought was the white embossing powder but was in fact the clear powder.     I had stamped onto some Bockingford 200gms cold press watercolour paper as I was using my Altenew watercolour pans to colour the flowers.  I used purples and blues for the flowers.   My second happy accident was the dotty bits you can see.  I has a touch too much paint and water on one of my flowers and I grabbed a microfibre cloth to sop it up and it left the dots from the cloth.  I liked the texture it created, so did a few more touches with the cloth.


You can see the texture here and also the splatters of paint I added.   I finished with a sentiment from same stamp set and some washi tape at the top and bottom of the panel.

If you want to see the full reveal of all the cards made, - pop over to The Card Chain Challenge blog page and check out the goodness. 

I've joined in for April CCC so I am going to make sure I get myself more organised and get my card made earlier.

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Lin said...

Very pretty, Dawn, love the effect!

Greta said...

Beautiful, Dawn--happy accident, indeed!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Dawn with an ethereal feel to it - love it
Blessings
Maxine

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful artsy effect on your lovely sweet peas, this is gorgeous Dawn!