Thursday 4 April 2019

WWC215 -Donna's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge.

Back again for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Donna is our hostess this week with an "anything goes " feminine challenge.


My card today was inspired by my friend Greta.   She made a stunning card - adapting a technique from a My Favourite Things video.  I took it up another level with my card.


I started by stamping and embossing the Darling Lily stamp (Altenew).  Next I used Rustic Linen (Altenew) and added Catherine Pooler inks in All that Jazz, Lime Rickey, Sauna, Tiki Torch and Rockin' Red.  Once I stamped, it look a bit sparse so I added the extra step and used my blending brush to add the same colours onto my card.  I used a die to trim the panel, but it was a shade short, so added a stripe of washi to some white card and trimmed it to fit at the bottom of the card.  I die cut a "hello" (Catherine Pooler Designs) and added it to the top of the card.  The little you sentiment is part of a stamp in Altenew's Sweetest Peas set.  I masked off the Thank part and stamped just the You.   Happy with my very colourful results.

Come join in the funCheck out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 1pm NZ time) to link up your project.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Dawn this is totally stunning! Love that beautiful background and gorgeous stamping, Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Dawn - love the vibrant colours
Blessings
Maxine

Tristan said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Love the vibrant textured background.That pop of black and white stripe provides perfect balance to your card.

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Dawn, I love the added washi tape!

Greta said...

Love your version of the technique, Dawn--beautiful card!

Helen said...

What a great background, Dawn! Super eye-catching card and I love the addition of the washi tape at the bottom! Amazing how things turn out for the best! :)

Monika Reeck said...

woow the BG is stunning Dawn
and the flower us beauuuttiiful Love this one
and the Hello perfect there
One of your card that my favorite..
Great made Dawn
hugs
Monika