Tuesday 7 May 2019

Bleach painting...

My NZ swap group this month had a theme of Bleach... I haven't used this technique for quite some time but it's one I do like. 


I just love this lovely big Tim Holtz butterfly and sentiment.  I stamped in black ink and clear embossed as this makes it easier to do the bleach painting.  I used an old paint brush and some liquid bleach to paint the butterfly.  I used my heat gun to dry the painting.  This causes the bleach area to lighten up.  You never know what colour the bleach will cause. I like that grey/lilac colour that the bleaching made.   I used a dark grey envelope and white embossed part of the butterfly and bleach it as well.  Forgot to take a photo but it looked awesome.

Well it's been 8 days past Due Date and still no sign of the baby.  If nothing happens by Wednesday evening Erin is going to have an induction.  So by the weekend we'll definitely have our granddaughter. 

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Dawn, what a stunning card - love how you have used the bleach to achieve such an awesome result - thanks for the tip about embossing the image first. The silver embossing of the sentiment really sets this card apart
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

This turned out really pretty, Dawn - the big butterfly was the perfect choice for this technique!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous butterfly Dawn, will have to give this a go!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow! You did this with bleach? What a fabulous effect, Jo x

Greta said...

I haven't used bleach in ages. You made a beautiful card, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

that big butterfly is woooow
love this Dawn
and lovely sentiment in gold too
hugs
Monika