Sunday 5 May 2019

Progressive Card Making - Day 6 Washi Tape

Well after starting and going rip, s**t and bust on this class... I haven't had time to do much on the last few days of classes.  Work has been hectic...working 8 - 81/2 hours each day.  The transformation went well on the whole, but a few little niggles.  Our front of house area has increased it's opening hours so longer days. 

Today, I can a little bit of time to have a play, after doing a DT card, I did a card for the Washi Tape class.  I was inspired by some of the blog hop participants for the latest Altenew washi tapes.  I've got one of the new ones on order... so used an older one I have called  "Monochrome"


I started by adding the washi to some white card stock and then fussy cut out this spray.  I used some ink blending and stenciling as well as some ink splattering for the background.  I used Altenew Morning Frost to blend then add more ink through a Memory Box Textured Diamonds stencil.  I used some Lava Rock and  Midnight Velvet to add the splatters.   I added the cut out washi and then added a Hero Arts Hello die cut - cut once in white and once in navy blue card.

This class has been one of my favourite Altenew classes.  Justine Hovey was an excellent tutor and I thoroughly enjoyed taking part.  I still have a few days homework to do.

We are still waiting for our little Princess.  One week overdue tomorrow.  Hopefully by the end of next weekend we will be able to cuddle her.

5 comments:

Krafterscart said...

Lovely card Dawn. I have not taken this class, but your cards are making me want to...

Betty said...

so pretty - love that blue washi - might just have to buy it one of these days! i agree - this class was one of the best.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful use of the washi Dawn, and a beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Just stunning, Dawn! Must be so hard to still be waiting for the princess--hope she arrives soon!

Monika Reeck said...

wooow again
the flowers and the color are so adorabel Dawn
love that sentiment DIES too
hugs
Monika