Sunday 26 May 2019

Stencilled Multiple Ways...

I've been taking part in the latest Altenew Academy class "Stencilled Multiple Ways" with tutor Laurel Beard.  Such a fun class

 

I've watched Day 1-5 but been quite busy and only have done homework for Day 1 - which was all about masking while stenciling. 

I don't have many Altenew stencils (although my stash of stencils is quite large) so started by using the Cube Builder stencil.


I masked off some of my panel.  Can you pick up the boo boo I did?  I lined up my stencil with the masked area and ended up with my stencil a bit skew-iff.   I used inks from the Spring Bouquet set and my blending brushes.  I added a blended flower from the Wallpaper Art stamp set with a leaf from the set and a sentiment from Sincere Greetings.

As I wasn't overly happy with this one, I tried another one. 


For this one I used Classy Stripes stencil and the same inks.  I masked off a portion of the panel and blended the pink stripes first, then turned the stencil 90 degrees and blended the green ink.   Was liking this stenciling much more.  I used the Painted Flowers stamp set, to make the flowers and leaves using the Spring Bouquet inks.  I die cut a Simon Says Stamp stitched circle and added the flowers to it before adding to the panel.  A simple thank you sentiment finished the card.

I'm hoping to have some time this week to get some crafting done as my daughter and her family arrived for two weeks from next Saturday.  It's a long weekend - Queens Birthday weekend - so I get to spend three days with them, then they are heading south to the snow for a few days and to visit relatives before I take the second week off to spend with them.    

Thanks for stopping by


2 comments:

Betty said...

these turned out so pretty, Dawn - masking a stencil sounds very time consuming!??

Greta said...

I need to use my stencils more & you've inspired me, Dawn! Like the idea of not having to cover a card front with one. The second card really appeals to me--beautiful!