Tuesday 18 June 2019

An Elephant for my Grandson.

I was sad to see my daughter, son in law and grandson fly home on Sunday.  I decided to make him a little elephant card to take with him.


I recently got this little Elephant die from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  It's so cute.  I cut the pieces out of white card stock ad used some Weathered Wood distress ink to colour the elephant and some Victorian Velvet distress ink for the ears.  Archie loves elephants and balloons and the colour orange.    I die cut the Balloon from orange card stock.  The die is also an Elizabeth Crafts Design.  I used a sentiment from an ECD stamp set.    The background is some marbled Patterned Paper.  My daughter gave him the card at the airport and he loved it.

I'm sharing this over at Virginia's Show and Share this month.
 
 
thanks for stopping by. 

7 comments:

Betty said...

what a darling card for Archie to treasure!

CinnamonSally said...

such a cute card Dawn.

Arlene said...

I see you couldn't wait to use that darling elephant. And perfect timing too. He's so darn cute being lifted by that balloon. Love it!!!!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, this is super cute Dawn! It will have been so hard to say goodbye and what a lovely parting gift. Love that beautiful background too. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Virginia L. said...

You are such a SWEET Grandma, Dawn! This darling card makes the parting of your daugher's family a little easier...Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a sweet card Dawn, for a very special boy!! Love how the solid colours on the elephant and balloon show up against the marbled background.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

What a wonderful idea to make the card for Archie that he could open at the airport! It's adorable!