Sunday 23 June 2019

Playing with Stencils

Hi there.  I've a couple of stencil cards to show you today.  I made these yesterday.   Recently Jennifer McGuire did a tutorial on using stencils with Gina K's Wreath Builder stencil.  I had misplaced my Wreath Builder stencils... till around 3.00am the other morning when it came to me where I stored it!  So yesterday I gave the technique a go.


My first card used a older My Favorite Things stencil and a rainbow of Altenew inks.  I die cut a grey scalloped circle and layered on a white circle.  I've used a Catherine Pooler Design's sentiment and little flowers.   It made a really interesting background. 

For my second card I used a Simon Says Stamp diagonal striped stencil.


This one almost made it to the Bin!  But I persevered and finished it off.  Not at all sure I like it but I can say it's interesting!  I diecut an octagon shape from Spellbinders and added another Catherine Pooler Design sentiment.  Added some sequins and clear jewels.  Both my cards are 5" square and my panels are 4" square so used matting layers of maroon and gold cardstock.

Today I opened another new to me Altenew stamps set and started stamping it before heading over to our son's place for some Nanny cuddles with Grace.  I even got to feed her a bottle before she fell asleep in my arms.  I finished off my stamping when we got home.


Now to find time over the week to get them added to a card.

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Loving the stenciling, Dawn and the flowers look amazing! Jo x

Betty said...

you and Greta are going to "make" me try this stencil technique for sure - wonderful cards, Dawn!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous stencilling Dawn, and I love that second card - it would make a great masculine card too, especially done in greys and browns.
Those hyacinths look wonderful... so dimensional with the layered stamping
Isn't grand-parenting so wonderful :)
Blessings
Maxine