Saturday 22 June 2019

Prettiest Pomander and post #1800

I finally got some time to play with the "Prettiest Pomander" stamp set from Altenew.  I had a go at layering the stamp but wasn't happy with the colours I used, so gave it a second go.  I recently saw that someone (and now can't find who it was!) advised if you want to make white flowers - miss the first layer.  So I thought I'd make the lilies in the Pomander white.

I used a pale green ink for the second layer on the white lilies







I was inspired  by Lydia Evans - for drawing stems in the vase.    After stamping the vase, I drew the stems with a maker and a Copic multiliner pen.  I added some pale blue Copic marker.  I made my background with some blue marbled patterned paper to ground my vase.  A strip of dark blue shiny washi was added. My base card is a soft grey.  A simple Happy Birthday finished off the card.

I've got another Altenew stamp set I haven't opened yet, so hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow to get it out and inked.    This afternoon I got a couple of quick stenciled cards done... I'll post them tomorrow...

I've just realised that this is my 1800th post.  My first post was 15 March 2009 - over 10 years ago.
Here's one of the first cards I shared.





Thanks for stopping by today.  Happy stamping this weekend.


4 comments:

Betty said...

congrats on your 1800th post - that's a lot of cards!! and your vase of flowers turned out beautifully - that marbled pattern paper is perfect for the "table".

Greta said...

That's amazing--10 years! Congrats, Dawn! The flowers are really lovely & they look wonderful in that vase!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful creation today Dawn, lovely with the added stems and Wow! That is incredible Dawn! 1800 posts! 10 years of blogging is a very good effort too, hears to many more!! Love your sweet first card too, that wee Kokeshi Doll stamp is gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Dawn... those lilies are exquisite with the touch of green on the petals.
Congratulations on 1800 posts :). You style has changed somewhat from that first card. I may just go back and look at my first post....
Blessings
Maxine