Tuesday 27 August 2019

Runway Inspired - Homework Day 3 ~ Prints

I've have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in the Altenew Academy class, Runway Inspired Card Making.  I haven't had a chance to try out all of the lessons yet, but today was home sick (got sent home after an hour as I was coughing so much) and took some time to play with Day 3 lesson.  It was all about Prints. 

I have a pretty summer shirt that was my inspiration for my card today


 I love the colours and pattern on my shirt.  


I used Altenew Wallpaper Art stamps and did some masking. The leaves from the set were stamped with Evergreen Altenew ink.   I used Altenew Alcohol Markers - R217 Velvet and R206 Crimson to do some very basic colouring.  I used a sentiment from More Than Words stamped in Obsidian Ink.
I did the stamping and colouring on a layer the same size as my card base to give the impression of a one layer card.

Still got lots of ideas based on Jen's class.

Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Dawn - love the shirt that inspired you, and your card is a fabulous interpretation of it.
Take care and heal quickly
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

love love this card Dawn - colors and design are wonderful - that wallpaper art stamp set is becoming my favorite Altenew set and you've used it so beautifully

Unknown said...

What a pretty card. I just love this stamp because it lends itself to a dramatic card every time you use it. One color with lots of black & white is always a stunner

Greta said...

What a beautiful card using your wonderful shirt as inspiration--love it, Dawn!