Sunday 1 September 2019

AECP - Impressive Heat Embossing.

I have been a bit slack at doing my Level 2 classes at the Altenew Academy - so yesterday and today I worked on Impressive Heat Embossing.  This awesome class was lead by Svetlana Marchenko and challenge you with ways to use Heat Embossing.  The classes covered a number of different ways to use Heat Embossing. I learnt a lot taking this class when I first did it back in 2017.  I spend some time over the weekend reacquainting myself with the class.

My first idea was to use layering on vellum and I decided to use my Peony Bouquet set.  I got this set back in 2016 when it came out and have to say it is very well used - so well used I struggled to see through the staining to line up my layers...


I tried so many times, then asked advice from the Facebook page - Altenew Fan Group... Tried out what was suggest but still had not success.  Think I'll have to purchase a new set!   However I will be trying out the technique I was using with a newer set in the near future.

So onto idea number two.  This was using a stencil to do some embossing.  I ended up doing a very simple embossing and then used embossing powder to make a die sentiment embellishment. 


 I started my blending Baby Pink and Firefly inks through the Floral Garden stencils.  Once it had dried I used the stencil and a Versamark pen to added some dots of Altenew Rose Gold embossing powder.   I die cut the Mega Hello die and added versamark all over it and sprinkled the Rose Gold powder twice to get a lovely smooth die cut element.    I finished with a sentiment from Versatile Vases set, stamped with Obsidian Black ink (best ink EVER!) 






I really enjoyed re doing the class this weekend.   Svetlana was an awesome tutor and showed us 6 great ways to use Heat embossing on our cards.  

Thanks for stopping by today...

5 comments:

Betty said...

your card is gorgeous, Dawn - love the copper over the pink flowers!

Greta said...

I love heat embossing & oh wow--that large embossed word is really beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful Dawn - love that background - the stencilling is amazing, and looks so wonderful behind that large and beautifully embossed word.
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Nicely bold sentiment Dawn and I love what you did with the background.

Erum Tasneem said...

Wonderfully done! he colours you have chosen look lovely. The stenciled flowers look dimensional!
Thank you for entering your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery. Super work!