Monday 9 September 2019

Eat Drink and Be Merry.... some Christmas cards

I've taken today and tomorrow off work to spend some time with my Dad...this morning I got a card made before we headed out to do some shopping.  I wanted to get him something he wanted for his birthday tomorrow... we found a lovely Merino jumper he liked.  Bonus for me was that it was $20 off.  So two happy people.  Plus I went to get some photos developed for a project I'm working on and got some black and white card stock while I was at the Stationery store. 

So back to my card from this morning...


When I first saw Jo's Christmas Kickstart challenge this time around, this was the card I first thought of making.   So here it is, just in time for the challenge!  I used a Sunny Studio stamp set called Holiday Style for my bells and baubles.  I used Altenew inks and was really happy that the aqua colour came through nicely.   The gold decorations are from a Sugarpea Designs that was part of a Catherine Pooler Stamp of Approval Box a couple of years ago!  I stamped them with Altenew Enchanted Gold ink.  I had picked up the aqua sequins this morning while we were out, so that finished the card perfectly.   

And while there was thunder and lightening this afternoon, I made a second Christmas card.   I saw the other day that CAS Christmas September challenge had a cue of Holiday Treats.


Here's what I came up with


I used some Candy canes and sweeties from a Catherine Pooler set for my treats.  I used some kraft card to make a plaid background with a Concord and 9th stamp and some Eucalyptus ink. I die cut an oval out to put my sentiment in.  Hope it is CAS enough for the challenge.  



10 comments:

Loll said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards Dawn!! LOVE the sweet treats along with the green plaid background. Such a fun design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

kiwimeskreations said...

Enjoy your time off with your Dad - what great buys you scored!
Fabulous cards, and i must think about organising some for Christmas too!
Blessings
Maxine

Angelnorth said...

Oh, perfect stamps for the Christmas Kickstart header - those gold twirls are fabulous! Two lovely cards!

Betty said...

great cards, Dawn - love the second one with the gingham!

Christine Alexander said...

Two great cards. wonderful colours for your bells and love your Christmas candy. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Dotty Jo said...

Thud! Seriously in love with card #1 - what a beauty and such a perfect match for the background. Love card #2 too. Thanks for playing along at CKC again Dawn, Jo x

Arlene said...

Glad you took some time off. It paid off with shopping and gift and time with dad and definitely with two cards.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your holiday baubles and bells, Dawn! Fabulous treats too!! Glad you had fun times with your dad!!

Bonnie said...

Love the patterns on these candy canes, Dawn! The peppermint candies and holly make this super sweet and I love the plaid background. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

Glad you're enjoying the visit with your dad, Dawn. 2 lovely Christmas cards!