Saturday 7 September 2019

Playful Plumeria

I love the name of this Altenew set.  I recently purchased this set but only got around to playing with it this afternoon while Hubby and my Dad watched some rugby.   I started by stamping the two flowers and 2 leaves in a variety of colours using my MISTI.    I used these to make two cards.


For this first one, I started by sponging a light layer of Mountain Mist ink in the lower corner and added some watered down black ink splatter.  I used the same Mountain Mist with Volcano Lakes and Lagoon inks for the leaves.  I used a variety of pinks and yellow inks sets to stamp the flowers.  I added the flowers to the corner and finished with a sentiment from Build a Flower Rose stamp set.

And for my second card I used the branch from the Playful Plumeria set


I stamped the branch with Milk Chocolate ink before using the Broken Chevron stencil to dry emboss the background.  I used the sentiment from the Plumeria set.  I smudged the bottom of the panel so added a strip of gold foil washi.  I then added the flowers to the branch with some dimensional tape.  The leaves were glued directly to the panel.  I added some clear yellow sequins to finish off. 

I'm entering this card into the Anything Goes at The Flower Challenge.


My Dad and his new partner Ngaire, arrived up yesterday to spend some time with us and to meet his latest great granddaughter, Grace.  Her second name is Georgina... named after my Dad (George)


Dad is staying till Tuesday, which is his 82nd Birthday.  So happy to be able to spend time with him on his birthday.  He drove the 650 kms (about 450 miles) over a day and a half.  Not bad for his age!

Thanks for stopping by today. 

6 comments:

Betty said...

two such pretty cards, Dawn - love the colors you used - and delightful pic of your dad and Grace - she is so cute!

Arlene said...

I have to say great cards, but your dad is in great health and drove that many miles is fantastic. So glad you are getting to spend time with him and of course the new grandbaby. Adorable little girl.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful plumeria cards, Dawn! Just love the photo of your Dad with Grace - hope you have a wonderful visit!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely pair of cards Dawn - love the flowers, especially those on the branch!
How lovely to see Grace looking so alert and lovely, and your Dad too! He certainly carried his age well!
Blessings
Maxine

Shona Chambers said...

Oh my goodness Grace is so beautiful, so glad you shared a photo of her with us all. I just found a photo today I thought I had lost of my dad with my daughter Phoebe when she was a similar age. Your cards are fabulous and love the colours you chose for the flowers. The splattered background adds so much interest with any bulk. And the dry embossed background is gorgeous, just want to touch it with my fingers. I'm so very glad you joined us at The Flower Challenge!!

Greta said...

So glad your dad could visit & meet sweet baby Grace! That picture is a treasure! Love your beautiful cards, Dawn!