Friday 11 October 2019

Woodland Creatures at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

There's a new theme on the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.   Jo has challenged us to use Woodland Creatures on our cards.   I had a Rosie's Studio fox stamp set, plus a set that came with the September Make Cards Today that had some cute foxes on it... so I came up with two cards.

https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-christmas-kickstart-challenge-21.html



This was the first card I did and I have to say it's my favourite.   The little fox is from Rose's Studio,  I struggled to use the layering stamps so just stamped the detail layer and used a Altenew ink and a Tombow blender pen to colour it it.  I fussy cut him out ( yes, decided it was a boy!) My base was made by die cutting a Simon Says Stamp stitched circle die.  I used the free stamp set to stamp the Holly leaves around the edge.  and to stamp the sentiment.    To make the inside of the of the circle, I used Altenew inks to ink blend the background.  I added the layer trees from another freebie set.  For the snow banks I did some more ink blending.  I then some White Out correction pen for the snow on the trees and as the snow falling.  I added Foxy and it was done.  - but then as I as layering the top layer over the base - I got some blue ink on the front, so to save it, I did some more ink blending on the card.

I'm also entering this one into
 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Christmas
 Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes - Christmas/Festive
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anythings Goes (thanks Carol G for letting me know about the challenge)
Virginia's Show and Share

My second card is very CAS

 I started with the panel - it was already cut on my desk.  I used a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to add some texture as I knew I wanted to keep it all white.   I stamped the little Foxy onto the base card. I used Zig Markers to colour up the image and added the sentiment and ran a gold pen around the oval.

Both of these have been added to Jo's challenge.


9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great cards Dawn, and great use of the magazine freebies too - don't you just love them!
Blessing
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Dawn, love this time of year as Christmas cards are my favourite to make.

Dotty Jo said...

Two totally gorgeous cards, Dawn! I love foxes on Christmas cards and the image on your first card is especially beautiful and appealing. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

creationsnz said...

super cards Dawn with those cute critters and panels CarolG

creationsnz said...

These would be great to see over at 2CraftyCritterCrazies! CarolG

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two foxy cuties, Dawn!! I'm with you - card one is my fave with the holly framing the pretty trees. But I love the embossing on card two!!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what a sweet little fox, Dawn. So glad you came to join us. It's delightful to see you supporting our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge this month at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Thank you. Wishing you good luck in the challenges.
NanaConnie DT

Greta said...

2 really cute cards, Dawn!

Virginia L. said...

These two cards are darling, Dawn! I am always happy to see your creations! You really show your love and passion in your stamping! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!